Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

PINK FRIDAY~"THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS"~






Call me a softy,but this is one of my favorite movies. I grew up watching musicals and The Sound Of Music is a movie I can watch over and over and never get tired of it. I guess it's because it's innocent . Sometimes people make fun of programs with good morals and no cursing,but for me I wouldn't change a thing. I miss those innocent movies and innocent times and will treasure the memories forever.


Tomorrow is Pink Friday and the theme is called "These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things". All my pink sisters at Make Mine Pink will be sharing things that they love. It can be just about anything. So if you want to do some fun online shopping head over to my boutique and the pretty boutiques at MMP.


Here are the words to "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things".
"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittensBright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favorite things Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodlesWild geese that fly with the moon on their wings These are a few of my favorite things Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes Silver white winters that melt into springsThese are a few of my favorite thingsWhen the dog bitesWhen the bee stingsWhen I'm feeling sad I simply remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad."Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II~Sound Of Music~

And I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of the cast of The Sound of Music after 40 years! I think they look absolutely incredible!


Have a wonderful Holiday!






2 comments:

Angel Heart Designs said...

So adorable Janet! Thanks for posting..I loved it!!!I just loved that movie...I went to the Hollywood premiere of the movie many moons ago..and still sing ALL the songs..LOL.LOL
Cindy :) xoxo

liggy girl said...

This has always been a classic. I teach music and the kids like 80-90% had never seen this!!!! So I made them watch it, guess what even the boys liked it and admitted that they got something out of it:)

.