Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Show and Tell Monday is here again!











It's Monday again and time for Show and Tell! Thanks for stopping by! For today's Show and Tell I have a few things I would like to share.

I have been in my artful mood lately. I am painting on pillows again. I happen to love the Victorian era and love pictures of Victorian children. So I painted two little girls who I call "Little Sisters". I painted them on a beige rose designed fabric. I added some detail which I thought would be different. I sewed on sleeves and added white eyelet trim to the neckline. I also put pretty handmade roses on the heads of each girl. I still need to work on the bottom of the pillow,but as you can see it is almost done. Then I will list it. Hope you like it.



On Saturday I spent the day with my family at a Spring Festival. It was so much fun. We ate good food ,went on rides,played games ,listened to music and I even got to visit a few tables with crafts and vintage items. I bought a beautiful blond haired porcelain doll and these gorgeous handmade vintage Easter eggs as you can see below...






And would also love to share a wonderful gift I received from Jennifer of Cottage Flair. She had a giveaway recently and I won! Yay! It's such a good feeling to win. I won a book called "The Vision Board". I can't wait to read it! I love that the book tells you that it will change your life. We all need positive influence. So thank you to Jennifer!! And please visit her shop if you get a chance. She has the prettiest products!






Hope you enjoyed my Show and Tell. And please visit my pink sisters at Make Mine Pink to see what wonderful things they want to show you for Show and Tell.






Wishing you a wonderful week everyone!





14 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Your painted cushions are beautiful and like you I love Victorian children, the clothes and the innocence.
Congratulations on your win

Anonymous said...

Janet

You are a wonderful painter. I just love pictures of victorian children. Congratulations on winning Jennifers giveaway. Let us know how you like the book.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Anonymous said...

Janet, you have so many wonderful talents! Keep painting.

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Janet,
You are so creative. I love the detail of the painted pillow! Thanks for sharing!
Pink hugs, Karen

Patricia said...

I love that you are painting again. You do such beautiful work. Enjoy you book, send pointers! lol Have a terrific week,
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sweet pillow...I love the look of the girl in the Thursday post...what amazing eyes...I can see your painting her with a toile frame in black and white...
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

gail said...

Hi Janet,, I love the pillow you painted. Just beautiful. You have such a talent. I love the treasures you found. Your doll is pretty and I love the Easter Eggs. I would love to have that book to. Its on my list of books I want to get :) Let me know how it is.
Happy creating... hugs,gail

Marie said...

Hi Janet,
You know how much I love your painting. And lucky you. What a great prize you got from Jennifer.
Marie

Susie said...

Hi Janet! Very interesting, fantastic painting! Wow!!!! Wonderful show and tell. Loved the Easter eggs.
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Janet your work is just beautiful. I truly wish I could paint. Tried it bunches of times, but looks really scary! hee,hee,hee!
Congratulations on your win from Jennifer. I actually just purchased that book. Can't wait to read it!
bunny hugs to you my friend,
shell

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Janet,

I'm always amazed with the pillows you painted! They are beautiful! I love your porcelain doll too. She looks too pretty :)

Have a great week ahead!

Pei Li

Cottage Flair said...

Janet,
Thank you so much for the nice comments. I missed show and tell today so I'm glad you let me know. You will enjoy the book.
Your painted pillow is so sweet!
Thanks again.
jennifer

Eileen said...

Janet, you are so creative! I love your attention to detail girl!
Hugs,
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,
Ahhh, I am so happy to see you at S & T. I just love all your Beautiful Things!! I love that Book, I hope you will too.
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
www.coeurdalenegifts.com/blog

.