Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Show and Tell Monday-A Touch of Pink~


















It's Show and Tell Time! Mondays sure come around mighty quick don't they??? My week flies all the time,but that's good. I love to be busy.

First, thank you for taking the time to stop by to see what's new on my blog! I appreciate it more than you know. My creative juices keep going and going like the energizer bunny. I am into painting lately,but I have been wanting to create dolls for the longest time. So I started with my cloth bunnies and am now finally working on cloth dolls.

So here is my first one. I call her Paris. I made her dress with pink satin. I added white faux fur to her neck. Her hair was made with beige trim. As you can see in the photos that I also made pink bloomers with white lace. I figured it would look cute if she had pink ballerina slippers. There are a few pink rose embellishments. And I painted her face with fabric paint.












I plan on making many more. So stay tuned and thank you for stopping by!

Until next time

Pink Hugs,

Janet





9 comments:

gail said...

Hi Janet,, I just love Paris, she is adorable. Dolls are so fun to make and so rewarding when you are done with them. I cant wait to see more. Have a great week. Big pink hugs for you, luv, gail

Carolee Crafts said...

Your doll is just adorable and the colour pink suits her just fine. You must post you next creative makes and thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

Janet

Your new dolls are going to be a big hit. She is beautiful.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love the doll collage...and the doll is fun...I used to design and sell dolls...then my shop took off and I had no time...but I admire those who create them because I know the work involved!
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Cottage Flair said...

Janet,
Great new dolls! You are very creative. Isn't it fun when the juices of creativity are flowing and you feel like you can make anything?!
Jennifer

Unknown said...

How sweet is she? Who wouldn't want Paris? Next we'll be seeing Marie Antoinette pillows!! Hugs, Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Patricia said...

Janet, Paris is adorable. I think you may be onto something here. I've seen a lot of interest about art dolls lately! Good luck,
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotourriof.blogspot.com

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Great job Janet! Paris is fantastic!
bunny hugs,
shell

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Hi Janet, sorry for the delay in posting your company!!! It's up and running, along with a few other MMP members. (For some reason I was not able to cut and paste a little description from your site like I was able to from the others...)

Feel free to shoot me an email of what you would like me to use, or we can leave it as is...
kelley

.