Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Honest Scrap Award~ I am honored!






I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. I have received two "Honest Scrap" Awards this week. One was from Georgia of Grandma G's and one was from Lisa of Pale Pink and Roses. Georgia is such a sweet lady and very talented too. You really must take a minute or two to visit her shop. I promise it is worth it. She has the prettiest Blue Rose Hankie I have ever seen and you should see all the other pretty things she offers. Here is her shop link: http://www.makeminepink.com/boutiques/details/?store=113 And then there is sweet Lisa. Just the name of her site is already pretty. She makes the most amazing magazine holders. I made myself a promise that when I finally have my very own shabby office I will buy one from her. Can't wait! Please visit Lisa at Pale Pink and Roses Boutique
http://www.makeminepink.com/boutiques/details/?store=166

I am honored to have this award. Thank you ladies! I must now pass this fun award to 14 other sweet friends. The reason why is because when you receive this award you must list 10 honest things about yourself and then pass the award to 7 other friends. And since I have received two I must send to 14 and list 20 things about me! aaak! lol

So here goes:

1. I am married 19 years and the only time my hubby has seen me without make-up was when I gave birth to my darling daughter and darling son.

2. I always wear high heels. Even if I go to the beach. I wear high heeled sandals..lol Can't help it. I love to make my legs look longer.

3. I am very sensitive. Sometimes too sensitive I think,but I have improved as I have gotten older. Oh my gosh! Did I say older???

4. I love a cold glass of water with lots of ice so I can crunch on it. I can't seem to stop and I know it's bad for my teeth!

5. I love to read books about true crime , solving crimes and anything that has to do with forensics. I think if I would have had a choice of occupations a detective would have suited me..lol

6. I can play piano by ear.

7. I am a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do. I actually used my ability once when a man tried to grab me in the subway in New York City. I punched him and he ran. Yay! It really works..lol

8. I sing while listening to music in my car. Can you just imagine the looks I get?

9. I am not psyhic ,but I can sense things big time. Sometimes I will think of someone and they will call. Or I will think of something and it happens. I guess that's a good thing.

10. I am afraid of swimming in the ocean ever since I saw the movie "JAWS"! lol I really never did go back to the water.

11. I still watch Molly Ringwald movies. My favorite is " Pretty in Pink" and Sixteen Candles. I guess I don't mind these teen movies since it reminds me of my teen years..lol

12. I studied fashion and design at the Fashion Institute in NYC. I will never forget the day I had to sketch a naked man model. Boy was my face red..lol

13. I have a sweet tooth. Don't ever leave cookies, cake or chocolate around me..lol

14. I love to dance even though I haven't danced in ages. No wonder I was in great shape then!

15. I taught myself how to sew. Yes it's true! When I first started my business I used to sew everything by hand without a sewing machine! Boy oh boy it was hard. Now I can't live without my sewing machine!

16. I used to teach Confirmation to 12 yr. old kids with my husband at Most Precious Blood Church for 4 yrs. I was a volunteer and so was my hubby. I loved doing that and hope to do something like that again someday.

17. I once wrote to George Foreman. The man who makes grills! He wanted to know how everyone lost weight. So I told him I went up the stairs daily where I worked in New York. Mined you I worked on the 12th floor! He replied and they sent a photographer to snap shots of me on the stairs of the building. lol It felt good. My pic was in the Sunday New York News.

18. I met Tom Cruise while he filmed the movie Bartender. I think that is what it was called! lol He was as handsome as I imagined. Except now I think he is a bit weird. Sorry!

19. I love to watch anything that has to do with politics. I am so right wing! I love watching O'Reilly and Hannity. And am proud to be a Republican.

20. I detest bugs! lol I don't even care for butterflies. The wings are pretty,but did you ever see the middle? yuck! lol

Okay are you laughing? I can't even believe I told you all these things about me. But it's all true.

So now it's my turn to choose 14 lovely ladies. And they are.....

Debbie of Cozy Cottage Gifts and Decor

Janet of Beloved-Creations

Erica of Meadow Street

Mary of Sew Graceful

Tedi of Petite Bookstore

Shell of
The Raspberry Rabbits

Dianne of Mama's Pocketbook

Cathy of Treasured Heirlooms

Cindy of Angel Heart Designs

Francie of The Scented Cottage

Lynette of Misty Moonlight Creations

Gail of Gail Friend Designs

Patty of Pink Hugs Sweet Shoppe

Carrie of Noelle Garrett Designs

Congratulations! I can't wait to visit your blogs and read all about each and every one of you!

xxoo

Janet~








3 comments:

Janet L Christian said...

As always I love your blog. Thanks for the award I can't wait to add it to mine.

Deb said...

Hi Janet....thanks for tagging me....You are one interesting lady!

Pink hugs,
Debbie
www.shabbycozycottage.com

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

lOL Janet you are soo funny and I love it ! It was really interesting to find out some of those things about you too. We have a few things in common...I once had to sketch a nekkid man and the professor said "I should have KNOWN you wouldn't have any trouble" wasn't quite sure what to think about that LOL.
Thanks for the tag and the award I will get to it soon.
(())

.