Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chicago Shelter Event-We need your help :-)











I am very excited about this new project! Terry of Enchanted Makeovers is an angel. http://www.enchantedmakeovers.org/ She is constantly working on helping bring joy to women in shelters across the U.S. I am so honored to have been a part of her journey. I recently offered my handmade Dolls of Hope for the Back to Basics Texas Shelter event last week. The dolls are in the pics below. Joyce Lucas of Make Mine Pink www.makeminepink.com offered a sewing machine so they could make dresses for the dolls. And so many other wonderful ,talented and caring women donated as well. They are all angels. Look at the amazing quilt below! Wow..

There are so many pictures of the event including the volunteers and women in the shelter. I wish I could post every single picture,but can't since there are about 1,200! They are putting all the pics together and are creating a video. Once I it is available I will let you all know. In the meantime I can at least share some special pictures with you. The smiles and tears are what makes this so worth while.

Terry is now getting ready for the next project called Healing the Inside...Rockin' the Outside (Chicago Shelter Event). This latest event will be on Saturday September 18, 2010. Terry is looking for volunteers and donations for the shelter. I will be making purses for this event. I am so excited to be able to help! I hope you can too.

Here is the wish list:

Handmade items for gift bags

Door prizes Journals

Handmade slippers....donated by the Pink Slipper Project http://www.pinkslipperproject.org/

inspirational books

jewelry, etc.

Please visit Martha Stewart's Dreamers into Doers and join the group if you are interested in helping. http://dreamers.marthastewart.com/group/healingtheinsiderockintheoutsidechicagosheltereven?commentId=3254513%3AComment%3A78269&xg_source=msg_com_group

Have fun looking at all the wonderful pictures of the Back to Basics Event.





























































Thanks for visiting and I wish you a wonderful weekend.
x0x0
Janet~

1 comment:

Honey Lamb and I said...

You are soooo sweet! What a great thing to do and they are so cute! ~Shelley O.

.