About Me

My photo

I am the owner of Janet's Creative Cottage. I am passionate about creating and also have a love of art. My dream is to one day see all of my artwork or creations in stores throughout the United States and Europe. I want to make a difference and help others who are in need.  So if you are looking for unique handmade products then this is the place for you.

Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, April 28, 2008

Show and Tell Monday

Welcome to my blog! So glad you stopped by for a peek. I have been working on several projects all of last week so today I thought I would share two of them. You will see before and after projects....

I found two vases at a thrift shop I visited recently and knew that I could make them brighter and prettier...



















Here is step two: I added a few coats of white and pink paint...

















And finally added a few pretty fuschia colored flowers to brighten up the vases...
















Hope you like them! And now for my second project....

I found this cornerstand at a yard sale and once again knew that I could turn it from trash to treasure...

It really is amazing what paint can do. I painted this stand pink and white and added some pretty pink flowers with the decoupauge method. And as a final touch added two coats of shiny glaze. I think it came out pretty nice. I hope you do too~
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by next Monday for more Show and Tell here on my blog and at Make Mine Pink!~
Post a Comment