Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, April 28, 2008

Show and Tell Monday

Welcome to my blog! So glad you stopped by for a peek. I have been working on several projects all of last week so today I thought I would share two of them. You will see before and after projects....

I found two vases at a thrift shop I visited recently and knew that I could make them brighter and prettier...



















Here is step two: I added a few coats of white and pink paint...

















And finally added a few pretty fuschia colored flowers to brighten up the vases...
















Hope you like them! And now for my second project....

I found this cornerstand at a yard sale and once again knew that I could turn it from trash to treasure...

It really is amazing what paint can do. I painted this stand pink and white and added some pretty pink flowers with the decoupauge method. And as a final touch added two coats of shiny glaze. I think it came out pretty nice. I hope you do too~
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by next Monday for more Show and Tell here on my blog and at Make Mine Pink!~

16 comments:

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Janet, I love your trash to treasure items. Very creative! I'm really enjoying seeing everybody's Show and Tell stories today! Thanks for sharing yours...

Pink hugs, Karen

Maison de Petite - dollhouse miniatures with a French twist said...

Janet, how lovely - I didn't know you did trash to treasure beauties like this. Very inspiring.

kath@retromantic antiques said...

Wow, you turned those finds into real gems. How fun. k

Janet L Christian said...

That is soooooooo cute. I bought a tree tier shelf this weekend that is made from wood thread spools and I can't wait to paint it too.

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Janet, I really like your trash to treasure goodies. Isn't it fun rescuing something and giving it new life!
Carrie

Patricia said...

Love those vases. You did a great job on them. The corner stand is nice too. I have so many corner stands in my house. It's a very old house with lots of odd corners that I never know what to do with, put a corner stand in it--not very original of me I'm afraid.

Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet..Love your pink and white pretty make-overs. As my Daddy used to say "a coat of fresh paint makes every old board pretty." ~ Lynn

Anonymous said...

Janet,
Thank you for your lovely comments & for visiting my blog. I love your pink makeovers especially the vases. One can never have too many pretty vases. Looking forward to meeting you in the fall in Williamsburg.

gail said...

Hi Janet, I love your trash to treasures. What a creative mind you have girl. I would have just overlooked those vases. Very pretty. I was looking on someones blog and saw one of your pretty dress pillows. It was sooo cute.. I will email you soon girl...luv ya, gail

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Hi Janet,
You are a pink girl through and through. Love your trash to treasures.
Have a lovely evening and grand tomorrow,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Rose Petals & Blooms said...

Now that is "going green" for sure! You've managed to take someone elses trash, and make them gorgeous treasures! Isn't it fun when you see the transformation? Gorgeous Janet!
Pssst..This is my first Show and tell. The Jewelry Box and glove box sold today! whoo-hoo! Show and Tell Monday is a ton of fun!!
Big Hugs to you~
xoxo
M

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Janet, you certainly have the talent to turn these items into treasures. They look wonderful under your magic touch!

Pei Li

Anonymous said...

Janet, Wow, kudos to you for seeing the beauty in those vases and in the corner shelf! They are beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!! beautiful!
I love chippy goodies too from trash,I found wood from a 75 yr old cottage being ripped down..My 'pink bike' sign I made for a Cape Cod Shop, 'Ruffles N Roses' is in Junes RH magazine..my sign did not get in for shoot because it was earlier..I will post your blog so inspiring!
Denise New England

Donna Lynn said...

Hi there Janet!
Your pink and white vases are so beautiful and you picked my favorite colors too!!
Love your blog posts and look forward to me...
Hugs, Donna Lynn

Deb said...

Janet....your items look great...I especially like the vases...great job! Isn't trash to treasure fun?

Pink hugs,
Debbie
Cozy Cottage Gifts and Decor

.