About Me

My photo

I am the owner of Janet's Creative Cottage. I am passionate about creating and also have a love of art. My dream is to one day see all of my artwork or creations in stores throughout the United States and Europe. I want to make a difference and help others who are in need.  So if you are looking for unique handmade products then this is the place for you.

Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Friday, May 02, 2008

VOLUNTEERING AT MY KIDS SCHOOL



It's such a good feeling to feel appreciated. I have been volunteering at my kids school for a while now and it has been so much fun. Some days I am working at their front office and some days I am in the Media Center. I love all the teachers there as they always make you feel welcome. I even know most of the kids. And I am fortunate enough to be able to see my darling son during his lunch time. Wish I could visit my darling daughter,but they make the 5th graders take lunch at 11:30am and I am not at the school at that time. What a shame. :-(

Anyway this morning I received wonderful suprises~ There were about 16 volunteers all sitting in a beautifully decorated room. They had a yummy breakfast party. The principal gave a wonderful speech thanking us for what we do. Then we all got gifts. I received a beautiful centerpiece filled with gorgeous plants. I even got an award! But the best was when the pre-k students showed up to sing some songs to us. I got so choked up. That meant more to me than anything!



Here are a couple of pictures.





My only regret is that I should have taken my camera to take pictures of those adorable children.












Post a Comment