Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Friday, May 02, 2008

VOLUNTEERING AT MY KIDS SCHOOL



It's such a good feeling to feel appreciated. I have been volunteering at my kids school for a while now and it has been so much fun. Some days I am working at their front office and some days I am in the Media Center. I love all the teachers there as they always make you feel welcome. I even know most of the kids. And I am fortunate enough to be able to see my darling son during his lunch time. Wish I could visit my darling daughter,but they make the 5th graders take lunch at 11:30am and I am not at the school at that time. What a shame. :-(

Anyway this morning I received wonderful suprises~ There were about 16 volunteers all sitting in a beautifully decorated room. They had a yummy breakfast party. The principal gave a wonderful speech thanking us for what we do. Then we all got gifts. I received a beautiful centerpiece filled with gorgeous plants. I even got an award! But the best was when the pre-k students showed up to sing some songs to us. I got so choked up. That meant more to me than anything!



Here are a couple of pictures.





My only regret is that I should have taken my camera to take pictures of those adorable children.












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Janet! What a lovely day you had. You must have been so thrilled.
xo
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

SueB said...

Janet thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog and website. I hope you come back to visit often.

So nice that you are able to spend time where you love. Congratulations on your special day.

SueB

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Add my congratulations too ! I really admire you for volunteering your time. Your children will always remember it too.

(())

sita said...

What a good mama you are! HOpe you are treated to a wonderful mothers day for all of your hard work!

shabbyfufu said...

Well deserved for such a sweet lady. Congrats Janet!!! ~XO~

.