Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, August 03, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!


Welcome to my blog and welcome to Mondays Show and Tell! For todays Show and Tell I would like to share Pets of The Month at Janet's Creative Pillows and also my latest doorknob dress pillow.





Congratulations to our Birds of The Month, Poppy & Meshack, whose owner is Inka of Inkling Designs. They have temporarily taken

the Cat of the Month column this month. Poppy is a 4 year old Blue and Gold Macaw. When it is meal time he climbs down off his cage, walks across the floor to the table, climbs up a chair onto the table and will help himself to your plate. If you put him in a chair he will look up thru the table (glass top) and tap his beak 3 times to get your attention. In the morning, he will stand with the dogs and wait for something to drop on the floor. The dogs don't mess with him...he's bigger than they are!



This is our other Bird of The Month, Meshack who is a 7 year old African Grey. He understands what you say or what you are about to do...Really. Tell him to ring his bell or wave and he will. He is a problem solver too. They don't have a fire in the house because he imitates the smoke detector so much, they won't know when it goes off for real. They certainly keeps Inka's hands full. Here's hoping that they will enjoy their parrot package coming soon. Birds of a feather will share the prize together!




Congratulations to our Dog of The Month, Louis, whose owner is Bridget Shirey . Louis is a mini schnauzer and was named after Bridget's favorite designer purse, Louis Vuitton. According to Bridget, Louis is the sweetest most loving little boy. Louis is 3 right now with a birthday in July. If anyone broke in they'd hear his bark and then just have to pet him and take what they want. He would give anyone the fur off his back. We wish he could protect us. We hope that Louis will enjoy his special prize coming soon and Happy Birthday Louis! If you are interested in submitting your special cat or dog or other pet, please submit your name,address, pet name , and a blurb about your pet. Send your information to janetspillows@ yahoo.com. All winners get a pet prize package, a month spotlight on our website, a blog mention in our newsletter. Remember, all submissions are kept until they are spotlighted, so the next pet picked could be yours! Good luck!

And here is my latest doorknob dress pillow which I call "The English Rose" I will be listing this fun pillow to my boutique this week. Hope you enjoyed my Show and Tell for today and please take a few minutes to visit my pink sisters at Make Mine Pink. They also feature Show and Tell on their blogs and it's really so much fun to see what they are up to.~



31 comments:

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Janet,

I love the English Rose Doorknob pillow. It is so elegant!!!
Great job!

Have a great week ahead!

Pei Li

Anonymous said...

Janet

Inka's birds Poppy and Meshack are so pretty and Louis, he is cute as a button.

I love your new pillow it is beautiful.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses. com

Janet L Christian said...

Very cute, I love the doornob dress pillow

Carolee Crafts said...

Hi Janet

The birds are lovely, not to mention the little dog.

Love your door knob creation and it just has to be in pink.

Love all your creation your site is an inspiration.

Hugs Caroline

Carolee Crafts said...

Hi Janet

Not too sure what happened there but my comment disappeared. I may have paged back. Here goes again.

Love the birds and the little dog. Your door knob creation.

Your site is always an inspiration. as always is lovely and pink.

kath@retromantic antiques said...

Janet it is so nice of you to highlight pets. I'm sure you get lots of cute shots. The pillow is great as all of yours are. kath

Marie said...

Hi janet,
I love your Pet of the Month feature. I laughed out loud reading about Louis, "the Guard Dog." Your door knob pillow is so lovely. Your work is always top-notch. Thanks.
Marie

Inka Smith said...

Janet,
You are so sweet to mention my wonderful birds. I do love them so. I used to have mini Schnauzers too. That one is a cutie. I love you newest creation. You sure do have a gift girl. Thanks for sharing.
Inka

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Love your pet of the month ! And you do send a lot of fabulous goodies, Willie and Wy are still enjoying them.

The new door pillow is sooo pretty, don't think that one will last long.

(())

Cottage Flair said...

Beautiful birds and what a lovely pillow. I love the fabric. It won't last long I'm sure.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What a lovely group of pampered pets! I am partial to shnauzers, they are my favorite breed of dog.
I think your door dress is fabulous, I love the colors.
Hugs, xoxoxo
Colby

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Janet,
What beautiful birds Ink has. They are just amazing. I have to say, that doorknob pillow has to be one of my favorites. It is so elegant! Great as always! Have a wonderful week!
hugs,
Carrie

sita said...

Well I do miss the cat of the month but the birds are nice too! Thanks for sharing, fun to see what other MMP gals have for pets! I can see we are all busy with our animal friends and work! Love your newest pillow, so romantic. Perfect for brides, I think these would be lovely for a bed & breakfast you should contact a few, what a nice touch for guest?

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love Inka's birds! They are so pretty and the poochy is just precious! Of course your doorknob pillow is beautiful as well. Have a great week girlfriend!
Hugs,
Michelle

Patricia said...

Well, that's quite the slinky door pillow! Pretty. Fun seeing the birds, Dorian The Grey was waving to Meshak.

Pat

Anonymous said...

Love love love the doorknob dress pillow! That is sooooo wonderful!

With a houseful of cats, I cannot imagine a bird loose in my house!!!

Susan *dutchrose*

Brandie said...

Gorgeous material! I just love roses:)

Anonymous said...

Janet... LOL!!! I just love birds... and your Show N Tell was aweseome! African Grey's are the bomb! Their vocabulary is tremendous... and I once had an Amazon who thought he could walk across my Lucky Charms. He perched on my cereal bowl and took that first step valiantly... grabbed a marshmallow and promptly FLIPPED into my cereal... needless to say... I wasn't hungry any longer!

Thanks so much for the memories!

xoxo Teriann

Carolyn Kocman said...

i have always wanted a bird like inka's...guess i'll live vicariously though her...lol. it's so sweet of you to give such honor to these wonderful pets.

the doorknob pillow is to die for, janet. very, very pretty!

Silena said...

Hi Janet,
Love the beautiful colors on Poppy and Meshack....love their names, too. Inka, you have wonderful exotic taste in pets. They must be a lot of fun!! Janet, love your little doorknob pillow. Just as cute as can be!!

Angel Heart Designs said...

Love the birdies...and the pillow!
Cindy :)
xoxo

Angel Heart Designs said...

Love the birdies...and the pillow!
Cindy :)
xoxo

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

What cute pets...I love the birds. And Janet that doorknob pillow is to die for. Just beautiful! Have a nice evening!
Stephanie

Muriel said...

Hi Janet
Thank for stopping by my blog.

Beautiful birdies and I love the pillow.

I'll visit again, your blog is full of pretty and interesting things!

Muriel
x x

shabbyfufu said...

Hi sweet Janet! I love your dress pillow, she is a darling. My sister in Pompano has an African Grey named Lucy. They are such smart birds, it's almost scary how much they can learn! ~XO~ Janet

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I found your blog after doing the Make Mine Pink shop hop in July. I love your site. The doorknob pillows are so cute and girly!
Glad to see you enjoy desserts. A woman after my own heart. I love Oprah too. She is an inspiration.
Love & blessings! Melinda

Janet L Christian said...

Wow, what a great giva away! Who wouldn't want a pillow you've made

Cathy said...

Hi Janet, Love the new Rose Dress pillow. Soooo pretty!

xo Cath

Anonymous said...

Louis will give you the fur off his back.....LOL. Too cute! And those birds are amazing. It's so nice that you do the pet thing Janet. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a VintageNest cool thing to do. ~ Lynn

Deb said...

Hi Janet....what cute pets this time! Your new pillow is gorgeous. :)

Pink hugs,
Debbie

Chic Magnolia's said...

Hi Janet! I loved seeing all the pets. We have an African Grey too and he cracks us up all the time imitating sounds-so funny!

Love the doorknob pillow! xo

.