Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, October 13, 2008

HAPPY SHOW AND TELL MONDAY!~





Welcome to Show and Tell Monday! So good to start my week sharing special people and special things in my life with you.

Today I would like to start by wishing my dearest and sweetest mother and father a very Happy Birthday! I am proud to say that my father is 90 today and my mother will be 81 this Thursday October 16th. I feel so blessed that they are in good health and very active and that they are the most wonderful parents one could every ask for. Here is a picture of them:












Happy Birthday Mom and Dad! I love you very much! xoxo ~

Now I would like to share my latest art pillow. I hand painted a golden Labrador for a client and this is the result...











Hope you like it ;-)

And the last thing I want to show you is a pumpkin I painted. I bought a bunch of small pumpkins over the weekend and started painted them. I only have one to show today,but will be working on the rest this coming week. I call this one Coo Coo for Polka dots ..lol














I painted the pumpkin a chocolate brown color and then added pink polka dots and finally topped the pumpkin with bow to match. Looks yummy right? lol

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to your visit next week and please take a moment to stop by the Little Pink Boutiques of Make Mine Pink to see what they have to share for Show and Tell Monday. ~




21 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh my goodness! the pumpkin is adorable --right! The painted pillow is amazing Janet. I really think you need to add a new line onto the website. The work is amazing--people love to get their pets photo on items, this is another path to follow.

Pat

Inka Smith said...

Hey sweet Janet,
That pillow is so nice and your pumpkins are really cute! I love anything with pets involved! I can't belive how much you are getting done and moving too. How do you do it??? Wow girl.. you rock!!!
Inka

Carolee Crafts said...

Congratulations to your Mum & Dad both looking good and wish your Mum a Happy Birthday from England.

Love the pillow your customer should be very happy with it. The polka dot pumpkin is lovely.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

What a beautiful couple your parents are ! Happy birthday to them !

Janet you are soo talented and I love seeing your wonderful creations.


(())

Anonymous said...

I love your projects, but, above all, I love seeing your parents...how lucky you are to have them both...my Mom turned 82 last May, but my Dad has been gone over a decade...I miss him, but I relish those whose parents are still alive and they look "mahvalous" as Billy Crystal would say!
Susan *dutchrose*

gail said...

hi Janet, Happy Birthday to your Mom and Dad , how sweet they are. YOu look like your Mom. Thats sooo cute.

I love, love, love the pillow. Your customer will be so happy with the results. Cute pumpkins:)Have a great day sweetie..luv, gail

Cottage Flair said...

How wonderful that your parents are in good health and happy. Nice job on the labrador and how cute is that pumpkin,
Jennifer

kath@retromantic antiques said...

Love the polka dot pumpkin, What a good idea. k

Anonymous said...

Janet

Your mom and dad are so cute! They are as sweet as I knew they would be.

Love the Lab pillow, your paintings are so detailed.

The pumpkin, well who does not like pink and dots!

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Shabby Shan said...

Janet,
Your parents are such a cute couple! Your creations are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon

Carolyn Kocman said...

your parents look so sweet. happy birthday to them both. you are lucky to have them still with you. i miss my dad...he went to heaven just 2 years ago last week. but mom is still with us and it's good to have her here. enjoy them, sweetie!

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Janet,

You are a true artist! The painting of the labrador is just so realistic!
The pumpkins are so cute too!
Have a great week!

Pei Li

Silena said...

Hi Janet,
Happy Birthday to Mom and Dad....they are so cute! Your Lab pillow is also adorable...I'll bet the owner is so happy because it is so personal. This is the first time I have ever seen a polka dot pumpkin...I'll bet the kiddies think it is wonderful. Hope you are doing okay!!

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Janet, That pillow is wonderful. You are so talented. I love the pumpkins, what a great idea! You are so creative! I just love seeing what you come up with next. Oh, and your parents look wonderful! Have a great week.
Carrei

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Janet ~ Your parents are so sweet ~ Happy Birthday to your dad !
Your painted pillow is awesome !! You are a very talented artist !
xoxo,
Lori

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hey Janet,
I don't know what it is, but your parents look like movie stars to me. Too cute! Happy birthday to them!
Love that labrador pillow. Beautiful work my friend. Your customer will be very happy.
Hugs,
Shell

Deb said...

Hi Janet...thanks for visiting my blog. It is easy to see where you got your pretty face! Love the pillow and pumpkins. :)

Hugs,
Debbie

Donna Gotlib said...

I love the photo of your parents, especially your dad in that gorgeous hat!

Unknown said...

hey---great punkin...wonder if it will make a yummy pie....tee hee.

Carolyn Kocman said...

WOOT!!!! janet...i finally got a chance to look more closely at your wonderful newsletter (btw...i am jealous of that newsletter!). anyway i did not realize that i could potentially win a punkin just by leaving you a blog comment! you are so cool for doing that! hope i win.

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Beautiful painting Janet! And that pumpkin is too cute - so are your parents! Happy Birthday to them.

.