Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Show and Tell Monday!








Welcome to my blog and Happy Monday to you! I am happy to share Show and Tell with you today. I have been very busy lately,but always enjoying what I do. I am working on new dress pillows. I wanted to make something a little different than the ones that I normally do so I made the one below. I gave it an altered look. I'm thinking of a name for it,but am drawing a blank for some reason. So if you can think of a nice name for this dress pillow please post it with your comment. If I pick the name you post I will mention your shop in my newsletter coming in the next few days.

I also want to share two wonderful packages that I received recently from two very special pink sisters at Make Mine Pink. The first one is from a sweet lady named Michelle from The Raspberry Rabbits. http://www.theraspberryrabbits.com/ She sent me the most wonderful an amazing things in the mail. It's hard to appreciate it in these pictures. She sent me lace,ribbons and the most beautiful embellishments you can imagine. I can't thank her enough.







And then I received an awesome magazine called Altered Couture by Stampington. This is such an awesome magazine! Terri of Petite Bookstore sent this one to me and I am so grateful for her generosity. You should see her pretty bookstore! http://www.petitebookstore.com/re.com/







These are two amazing and talented ladies. Please visit their boutiques for wonderful products. Thank you sooo much for your gifts. I will treasure them.





Thank you for stopping by and please stop by the boutiques at Make Mine Pink for more Show and Tell fun! Wishing you a wonderful and happy week!

xxoo


Janet~

14 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Hello Sweet Pea ! I like your new design but no names have come to me ... I still looove my pillows you created. They make me smile.

(())

Cottage Flair said...

Wow! What great things to receive. I love all of the trims, etc. Your new pillow style is so pretty. I really like how you mixed it up a little.
jennifer

Unknown said...

Janet, For some reason she looks like a Carmen to me.
Thank you for your kind words, I'm so glad you enjoyed your Altered Couture. Hugs, Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Carolyn Kocman said...

such a creative idea, janet. your mind is always going, isn't it?...just like me! i am sure you will sell a lot of that one. hmmmm...call her...FILLETTE...meaning little girl in french...

Marie said...

Hi Janet,
MIchelle sent you some lovely things. I can't wait to see what you create from them. I also love Tedi's books. She is wonderful to do business with. Have a great day.
Marie

lisa said...

Janet

I just adore your new dress pillow! It's awesome.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

gail said...

Hi Janet!!! What a sweet new dress pillow. You sure have been busy. I think it looks like Gypsy Rose. lol
I love your presents too! Shell sent you some awesome trims. I love that kind of stuff. She is so sweet. And Tedi too. You will really enjoy that book!
Happy Creating...gail

Lynette Larson - Campbell said...

Janet, all I can say is "Wow"! Such a creative style you have! Now send those things Michelle gave you right on over to me, hehehe!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hey my friend,
So glad you liked your box of goodies. I know you will put them to good use! I love this new pillow. I think I'm with Tedi and the name Carmen fits it perfectly.
Hugs to you,
shell

Patricia said...

Like the new look, I think with the altered look, " Second Hand Rose", ala Barbra Streisand, lol.
Good luck with these! I think they're going to be a hit.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Janet,

What great packages you have received. I imagine you must be excited seeing all those pretty pink supplies! I like your new altered pillow, it has got character!!

Pei Li

Nancy said...

Hi Janet,
What a neat new creation! Isn't it cool to kick out something new? It just inspires me to do more and take it to another level. Man what a stash of trims! And the book to put them to good use. Have a blast using them!
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
www.coeurdalenegifts.com/blog/

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Janet I love your new pillow. One can tell you put a lot of LOVE into everything you do. No name comes to mind at this time.

I too have received items from both of these wonderful Make Mine Pink Boutiques. If you haven't shopped at www.makeminepink.com you're missing out!

Susan
www.myvintagecharm.com
www.myvintagecharm.typepad.com

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Janet! The new design is fab, it looks like party time to me, so why not call it Rio de Janeiro.....Luv all the trim, you will have so much fun with it and the magazine looks awesome……
Hugs, Helene

.