Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Friday, September 11, 2009

In Loving Memory of September 11, 2001



















http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oOW-1OwtCA

It's hard to believe that it has been 8 years since that horrible and tragic day which was on September 11, 2001. I am not posting this to make anyone sad or to make anyone feel bad. I simply want everyone to remember all the lives that were lost that day. I was living in New York City the day this happened. I am proud that I grew up in New York City. The most agnificent city in the world. I was in my living room when my husband called me and said turn on the tv. And when I did the first thing I saw was one of the twin towers with heavy smoke coming out of the top. My husband said that a plane had crashed into the tower. I thought it was an awful accident. And so did most people. It wasn't until the second plane hit the second tower that everyone realized that this was not an accident,but that we were being deliberately attacked. As I watched the tv before me. I thought this must be a movie. This cannot be happening. And suddenly I see the Twin Tower fall. I was horrified. I sobbed like I had never in my life. My son was only 10 months old and my daughter only 4. I was beyond worried for my husband who was at work in manhattan and worried about my younger sister. They shut down all the subways,buses so there was no transportation. How would my husband get home??



I am blessed to say that Steve did arrive home that night. He walked all the way from his job and all the way across the 59th street bridge to get home. He arrived at 7pm that night, When he walked in I ran to him and hugged him so hard and cried. I cried because I was so happy that he was safe. My sister got home safely too. I thank God for that.








I wish I could say that many others got to see their loved ones come home from the towers. But for man it didn't work that way. For many mothers,fathers,sons and daugthers never came home. They perished when the towers fell. And what about the people that were on each plane? I wonder if they knew they would crash into the towers. I wonder how they must have panicked when they realized that they would die. And what about the people who died in the Pentagon? And the heroes of Flight 91 who perished in Pennsylvania.



How can anyone be so perversed and plan to hurt innocent people? Osama Bin Laden is the Devil. Because of this tragic day the world has never been the same. And many people hate our ex-president Bush. Well I don't. I am proud that he was our president. I am grateful that he kept us safe for the 8 yrs he served in office. He had to show those terrorists that we will not stand for anyone attacking us. Attacking our Freedom. Keep in mind that they day this happened many people in other countries danced with joy when they found out we were suffering. They blame bush for everything,but not who is trul responsible for such hatred. Our troops are incredible. They give their lives so we can have our freedom. Bush did not force them to fight. They went because they wanted to. And I am so grateful to them. And pray for them.

And for those of you who remember Rudy Guliani. I thank him too. he was one of the greatest Mayors anyone could ever wish for.













Let's also remember our Fire Fighters and Poilceman who I call our heroes. They too did all that they could that day and didn't deserve to die.








So today I wish to pay a small tribute to all that were affected this day. Please take a minute or two of your time to watch this video I have posted here. I know it is hard to watch. Please pray for the families and please pray that America will remain safe always.

May God Bless all of you and God Bless America ~

Janet~









5 comments:

Susie said...

Thank you Janet for sharing your life and this tribute of such a sad day for NY and USA.
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Shabby Cottage Shops said...

Janet ~ I must say this is a beautiful post about 911. I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about the first plane hit the tower. I was then at the time a manager for Bath and Bodyworks, we were having a managers meeting, it ended and I was in my car, driving home, which was only a few minutes from home. I immediately rushed in and turned on the television! I couldn't believe my eyes, I saw the second plane hit the other tower. I was horrified and cannot imagine even being anywhere near such a terrible thing! I too, sobbed and sobbed, it was so hard to watch all these people suffer!

I also agree Totally with you that our former President Mr. Bush, did exactly what should have been done and am hoping people will remember what we as American Citizens have endured, and felt the terrible pain for all those precious lives lost that day. I am glad he was President at this particular horrible time in not only these peoples lives, but all of America, because he stood up for us and did exactly what any President should do!

My hat is off to Mayor Guiliani also, he was a pillar and every person in New York should always remember what he did during the most tragic event I can remember, except for when JFK was shot in my life.

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post and tribute to all of the families who have lost their loved ones on a day I hope every American remembers and never forgets!

God Bless you and God Bless America!

Debie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I have not read a more touching or eloquent message about that tragic day. Janet I so agree with you ... President Bush took action and I believe kept our country safe. Too many forget the sacrifices our men and women of the armed forces make for them daily.

(())

Smart Living Today said...

Thank you, Janet for not being afraid to remind us with these photos. So many seem to want to ignore it. It is painful but important. We all will remember where we were and how it felt.

You are a great American, Janet!

Peggy

Sandy Mastroni said...

God bless you ... this was a wonderful post

.