About Me

My photo

I am the owner of Janet's Creative Cottage. I am passionate about creating and also have a love of art. My dream is to one day see all of my artwork or creations in stores throughout the United States and Europe. I want to make a difference and help others who are in need.  So if you are looking for unique handmade products then this is the place for you.

Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Party Time!







Welcome to Janet's Creative Pillows! I am thrilled to be able to participate in the Where Women Create II Party!

I recently moved to a new home in West Palm Beach ,Florida. I don't have an office unfortunately. But I never stop dreaming that one day that will happen. I find ways to organize my things so that I can create and sew. It's not easy when you have two kids,but when you love what you do you find a way.


So let me start with a small tour. I use my closet to store all of my fabric. I have almost every color you can think of. Here is a picture of some of my stash.


























I use shoe boxes that I covered up with cute paper so that I can keep my buttons,ribbons and crafts inside them. I have a box for every color. Here are some....



































I use buckets to keep my small pillows in. I love them. And guess what? They are Chick Fil A buckets! lol. I don't mind. I plan to cover those babies up with pretty paper soon too. Why waste a good thing. Here are pics of them filled with goodies ...





























I am also a doll collector. I have many,many dolls,but too many to show you so here is a small glimpse of some of them.

















I like to use hat boxes. I fill them with different things too. In this pic I have one of them filled with little different size heart pillows. As you can see I already covered one up with a collage of bride pics. I thought that would look nice against a dark background. Those hat boxes sure come in handy and look pretty if you add a doll on them. :-)























I am an artist and I love to paint. It's one of my biggest passions. I wish I had a drawing room. But someday I will. I paint whereever I feel comfortable. Here is a pic of my paints in a drawer. since that is the only place I can fit them right now,but it's easy for me to find them.

















One of my fun vintage case I keep lots of ribbons and crafty things too. Here is a pic...




















And speaking of brief cases...I recently met with a dear friend who gave these pretty cases and beautiful vintage lace to me and the cases are perfect for keeping lace in. I thank her for that because I really needed them. Here they are...





































Here is a corner of my working area. I love to have pretty things around me. I like to hang some of my pillows on doorknobs around my house and keep my handmade dolls and pillows on display .
























And finally here is my humble place to sew. I use my dinning room table. It's not an office,but it's sure better than nothing. I am grateful for what I have. Here it is....





















Thank you so much for stopping by. I sure hope you enjoyed this small tour of my work space. I really enjoyed this party! Thank you to Karen of My Desert Cottage for hosting this fun event and of course to Jo Packham. She is an inspiration. I will be visiting all the blogs and I wish all of you so much luck. Jo will have a hard time picking winners since there are so many wonderful and talented ladies,but I know she will know she will make the right choices. :-) Here is the list to all who are particpating..
Party Guests Q-Z
"SHERRY'S ROSE COTTAGE"
Queen Bee Studio
QueenMarcyOriginals
Ragamuffin Gal
ranch dressing: interior design cowgirl style
Rebecca Ersfeld for Vintage Living
red.neck chic
Remnants
Rena
RhondaMum
Rosa
Rosa & Josie's
rosabeer
Rose Garden Romantic
Rose Petals and Rust
Rose Vignettes
Rubber Addict
Rustique Gallery
saltbox treasures
Sandy's Creations
Sassy Mini Dolls
Say It With Roses
Scrap for Joy
scrappida
Scraps to Beauty by Zandra
Sea Cottage
Seaside Diaries of a kimberline
secondsister suaviloquy
Seraphim Bears
Serendipity
Serendipity Cottage
sewingseeds4U
Shabbyfufu
shauna lee lange
She's Sew Pretty
Sissie's Shabby Cottage
Smushi and Bee
Snugglebug Blessings
Some Days Are Diamonds
someplace*in*thyme
Something Special
Songbird
Songbird Hill
Southern Girl...Northern Woman
Stampinmamas Place
Starrydeborah
Star's Fault
STITCHES - N - STUFF
Stray Thoughts
Studio 48 Tango
Studio Gypsies
Studio JRU
Such a Wondrous Place this Faerytale Space
superbadfriend
Suzie Button Creations
Sweet Cottage Dreams
Sweet Daisy Dreams
Sweet home...
Sweet Jeanette
sweet pea home
Syd's Stitching Room
tales from an oc cottage
Tales from the Mouse House
Tales from The Raspberry Rabbits
Tammy's Heart
tarnished and tattered
Tattered and Timeless
Tattered Moon
Teacups and Ponies
The Altered Muse
The Contented Wife
The Feathered Nest
the french bear
The French Cupboard
The Gathering Nest
the gypsy magpie
The Kitchen Table Crafter
The Knitting Princess
The Life of a Future Domestic Goddess
The Little White Attic
The Magpie's Nest
The Pink Pixie Forest
The Polka Dot Closet
The Rose Princess
The Ruffled Nest
The Scented Cottage®Studio
The Scrappy Appleyard
The Sheep's Nest
The Stone Rabbit
The Swapping Crafter
The Tin Rabbit
The Victorian Gypsy
The Vintage Nest
The White Bench
The Wonders of Doing
The Wrought Iron Gate
Things I Learn From BEAR
Thrifty Parsonage Living
time-worn interiors
Tins and Treasures
TinyBear
Todas somos reinas
Treasured Heirlooms & Elegance and Whimsy
treasures from acorn hill
Trundle Bed Times
Twice Remembered
Twinkle, Twinkle
Uncanny Festoon
Under The Table and Dreaming
Untie The Ribbons
Val Reaves
VERBENA NESTED TREASURES
Vintage Bee Design
Vintage Bella Studio
Vintage Findings Blog
Vintage French Hen
vintage ginger peaches
Vintage Soul
VINTAGE TICKLED PINK........
VintageBliss
vintagesusie & wings
Vintiquities Workshop
Violette's Creative Juice
Visions of Bliss
viv out on a whim
Wannabe Scrapbook Addict
weathering migraine storms
Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!
Whymsicallotus
Wild Somerset Child
Wild@heart
Wishblooms
WORDS ABOUT WORDS
World of Joy
Wren's Nest: A Year in Pictures
Writer's Block
YAPPING CAT STUDIO
yellow flower
ZanyMayd

xoxo

Janet





Post a Comment