Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Show and Tell Monday!





















Happy Monday Everyone!

Time for some Show and Tell. I want to present a wonderful and talented lady named Terry of Enchanted Makeovers. http://www.enchantedmakeovers.org/.

Terry has converted shelters across Michigan State into beautiful living spaces. She has support of womens groups as well as donors from all over the world who contribute both money as well as handmade goods. She is truly an inspiration. I am very happy to know Terry and be able to help her with her latest project called "Bringing Back To Basics". This shelter is in the good ole heart of Texas. I will be donating my Dolls of Hope. I want to help bring smiles and encouragement. Many other wonderful ladies are donating sewing machines and so much more. If you want to be a apart of this fantastic event please visit Terry.

I am also very pleased to share that my doll is in the picture above with Terry in the May issue of Ladies Home Journal. She surprised me when she said my doll will also be in her article in the upcoming issue of Better Homes and Gardens Americand Patchwork and Quilting in August. I can't wait to see it!

And finally I would like to also share my latest little creations. I am working on Christmas pillow ornaments and just did a small trash to treasure project. The little dresses and shoes have to be stuffed and decorated so they are still in the works. And the little parasol was fun. I found it at a flea market sale and just knew I could pretty it up. So you can see before and after pics.






If you would like to visit more fun Show and Tell Monday blogs. Please go to Make Mine Pink. My pink sisters will inspire you. www.makeminepink.com Hope you enjoyed your visit and thanks so much for stopping by,

xxoo

Janet

10 comments:

Terry Grahl said...

Thank you Janet for posting the event and your precious donations. Your an ANGEL!! OXO

Terry
Enchanted Makeovers

Carolee Crafts said...

What a lovely post to read, very inspirational am also loving the parasol, what a transformation, have a good week x

Shabby Shan said...

Hi Janet,
Congratulations on having your doll featured in the magazine! I really love your little Christmas decorations...I can't wait to see them after they are finished! Your parasol turned out so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Honey Lamb and I said...

Congrats! that is awesome! How sweet of you to donate your dolls! ~Shelley O.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Janet, What a wonderful post and inspiring project. Your treasures are gorgeous.
Wanted to stop over and say hello. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog and now a follower too.

Have a creative week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Marie said...

Hi Janet,
Really enjoyed reading your post. Loved your before and after pics. You did a great job.
Marie

gail said...

Hi Janet,,, I am so happy for the recognition you are getting with your projects for Terry. You are working so hard to make a difference. I am so proud to know you! Have a pretty week (()) gail

Karen said...

Hi Janet. You can still join the Sorority! You just missed the Rush. Oh GIrl, there is lots more ahead, so come on! Jump on board! Email me and let me know
kdecapite@gmail.com

:) Karen ~ Some days are diamonds

Karen said...

Me again! Just Email me your Email address - I just goofed and sent one to your "no reply". :) Anyway - send me it and grab the button and put it on your sidebar and you're all set!
:) Karen

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Lovely post, thanks for sharing... I love you before and after pictures!!!
Daphne

.