Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

X-rays Show Dolls Smuggling Role in Civil War


Just when I thought I have heard it all. I shouldn't be surprised at all that sick people out there would want to smuggle drugs inside historic dolls.


I thought you might all be interested in reading this article posted in one of my favorite magazines called Victoriana. www.victorianamagazine.com Some people think the dolls are creepy looking,but to me they are precious and I wish I had one! lol


Here is the link to the article. Enjoy...

X-rays Show Dolls' Smuggling Role in Civil War: Possibly used to smuggle medicine past Union blockades in the 1860s. http://bit.ly/bBAwSy

Have a happy Wednesday,

Hugs,

Janet~

2 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I read that article with interest. My greatgreatgrandfather and uncle served in the War of Northern Aggression. :))

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Wow, unbelievable story. Thank you for sharing, Janet. I don't find them creepy at all! I love them! :o) I also love the Veteran's tribute. What a touching story. I enjoyed visiting your blog! All the best to you, Lynda

.