Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, March 21, 2011

Show and Tell Goth Monday~

Welcome to my blog and Happy Monday to you all. I hope you had a great weekend. Last week was great for me since my kids were on Spring Break. Went to the Zoo, did some shopping, got rest and did alot of sewing too.

Now what would Florida be without flamingos? They are such beautiful birds.

I do not like Komodo Dragons,but just had to snap a photo to show you. They are so creepy. And they are very dangerous.

I am quite used to seeing alligators here in Florida. Thank goodness they are no where near my home...lol Yuck!





I had to snap a pic of a white alligator. Yes, it's real. They keep him in a dark room since he cannot be in daylight. It's an albino alligator. Sorry the pic isn't great,but it was the best that I could do.




We came across a beautiful cat. Well not exactly a kitty,but it looked like a mix of a cat and leopard. I can't remember the name of this beautiful animal,but I had to share.





There was a fantastic bridge there that reminded me of Jurrasic Park. Like any minute a giant dinosaur would pop out..lol


Here is my handsome son Michael sitting on a wolf statue.





And here is my beautiful daughter Laura also sitting on the same statue.


And finally here is a doll I created last week. Remember I promised to show you an after pic? I named her Gothic Raven. My daughter kept asking me to make a goth doll for fun. I love the color black so how could I say no. She is posable which makes her more fun. Her dress is black sequence,black tulle,hot pink roses,lace stockings,black boots with hot pink lace. Her hair is from an actual wig. And I handpainted her face. Hope you like her. I will be making more dolls soon. I am trying to decide if I should sell her or not. Hmm.....decisions,decisions..lol

Have a fantastic week! And thanks for taking a peek.

Hugs,

Janet~

6 comments:

Inka Smith said...

Hi Janet...I love flamingos...they are my favorite. Great pics. Hope you are doing well.

Lisa McDonald said...

Janet

Thanks for sharing pictures from the zoo, that was lots of fun. I love the Pink Flamingo's.

The new Goth doll is awesome, she will surely be a favorite.

Have a great week!

Carolee Crafts said...

Love your pictures of all the animals, must admit would not like to meet some of them on a dark night but the flamingos are beautiful.

Your goth doll is perfect, if you do sell her think she will go quite quickly.

Have a great week Pinkie xox

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Gothic girl is great. I see you live in West Palm, I am in orlando and we don't have dragons here, but when my son was living in Ft. Lauderdale, I would see them around his apartment....freaked me out!!

Carol

gail said...

Hi Janet, what a fun trip to the zoo. If I am not mistake the cat is an African Caracle (spelled that wrong) Your kids are sooo cute! I love the spring. Have a super week!

Cute doll :) (()) gail

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! How precious are your children...they look like you too
(())

.