Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, April 25, 2011

Steampunk Show and Tell Monday~




































Welcome to my blog and a big Happy Monday to you all!


Hope your Easter weekend was great. I had a fun time spending time with my family and ate a few too many chocolate bunnies..lol Guess I will have to work out double starting today. ;-)


For todays Show and Tell Monday I have a few things to share. One of my favorite things to do is to enter swap events. I recently entered a swap at Creative Souls. http://creativesouls.ning.com/ing.com/ They are a fun talented group so it isn't surprising that I love this place.


The swap is called "Steampunk Swap". In case you don't know what this word means here is the definition: Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction and speculative fiction, frequently featuring elements of fantasy, that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The most common historical steampunk settings are the Victorian and Edwardian eras.


Check out some of the clothing. I find the steampunk fashion fascinating! Check out these steampunk high heels! I would so wear them! lol







My partner for the swap was Kathleen Willouby of Kate's Other Place. http://katesotherplace.com/. Check out the cute steampunk cards she made for me below. I think they are awesome! I love all the detail. And here is her blog if you have a minute to visit her. http://needlespinsandpaints.blogspot.com/ Thank you Kathleen! I really enjoyed swapping with you.
















Here is the card I made for her..



If you are looking for a fun and creative group to join then you will love Creative Souls.


Okay and finally I have one pillow to show you today. I would have had more,but had many orders to finish last week so there wasn't too much time for me to work on new things.


Here is a pic of a pretty victorian girl pillow I made last week.









It is all handmade and has alot of pretty lace. This pillow is available at Victorian Kisses. My little pink boutique at Make Mine Pink. http://www.makeminepink.com/boutiques/victorian-kisses.aspx?page=1


Please take a minute or two to visit my pink sisters at Make Mine Pink for more show and tell. You will love it for sure. ;-) http://www.facebook.com/MakeMinePinkBoutiques


Hope you enjoyed your visit and please come back again. ;-D


xo


Janet~

2 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

I love your steampunk swaps. Steampunk is fast becoming a favourite of mines as well, love your new pillow, so pretty. Have a good week Pinkie x

gail said...

Hi Janet. I love the look of Steampunk too. I love the card you made! I also love the one you received.
What a cute pillow too. I always love your new creations!
I hope you have a great week and have fun creating lots of new things!
(()) gail

.