Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Thursday, June 02, 2011

"Something Old, Something New"~



Happy Thursday! I hope everyone is enjoying the day. Tomorrow June 3rd is Make Mine Pink's exciting event called Make Mine Pink Friday. The Historical phrase "Something Old, Something New" we often associate with Brides.


Truthfully told it does come from the Queen Victorian Era, 'Something Old' to represent our Ancestors, and 'Something New' to represent the good futuristic outlook of the Bride.Today I see these meanings represent a Lifestyle in which we live with Home Accents and Apparel, Accessories in which we wear.The mere words, Re~Purpose, Re~Create, Re~use are used today describing Items made from Cherished pieces of the past. As I look around my own home, the Cupcakes Stands on my Buffet made from Cut Glass Candlesticks from a Estate Sale. Topped with Vintage China Bread & Butter Plates passed down from my Great Grandmother, make a lovely statement alongside a Crystal Pedestal Serving Plate I received as a gift at my own Wedding. My Powder Room Window Valance I made from Vintage Handkerchiefs full of Pink Roses, with leftover pieces I added to White Towels to complement the room.On my Telephone Table lay a Clipboard covered with Vintage Wallpaper that adds a pop of color to the recently re~purposed old Vintage Table. In creamy Whites with a fine sanding for a chippy shabby look but yet a clean looking piece of Furniture.Wearing a Pendent made from a piece of Vintage Broken China encased in Silver, and my Sundress made from Vintage Linens, embellished with pieces of Vintage Lace. Comfortable, delicate, and pretty for a hot Summer day.As I look around my home, eying the pieces that grace my day~all useable, functional. Something Old recreated into Something New, Join the Boutiques at Make Mine Pink this Month of June as we share with you, something old, something new~


This wonderful article was written by Nancy Reffle of Coeur d' Alene Gifts. www.coeurdalenegifts.com/ and the beautiful charm you see up above is from Kim of Rose Blossom Cottage. www.roseblossomcottage.com


Please visit the shops at Make Mine Pink for beautiful products you will find hard to resist.


Happy Shopping!


Janet~

No comments:

.