Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Happy 4th of July and Happy Show and Tell Monday!








A very Happy 4th of July to all! It is also Show and Tell Monday so I have something to share with you all today.


I thought you might like to read the meaning of the 4th of July:


Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. Independence Day is commonly associated withfireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independe nce Day is the national day of the United States.


And in honor of this holiday I thought you might like a yummy recipe for a red,white and blue cake I found online http://dennysfoodandrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/06/cake-tuesday-red-white-and-blue.html



And now my Show and Tell...


I found this automan and knew the minute that I saw it that I had to make it pretty. It's my latest Trash to Treasure project.


Here are the before and after pics:




I know it's only July,but I am already thinking of the holidays. So I was in the mood to create something for Halloween. I made a Halloween dress form. I had a fun time making it and will be listing it for sale in my Little Pink Boutique very soon. Hope you like it.




That's all for now. Have a fantastic weekend!

xo

Janet~






No comments:

.