Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, January 09, 2012

Featured in Soft Dolls and Animals Magazine March


It's really hard to believe that the holidays are behind us now; I often wonder where the days go. They sure do seem to fly for me. But I have to admit that I am really looking forward to a new year. I want to share some good news with all of you. My intent is not about bragging in any way.

I received a huge surprise after Christmas. I went to pick up my business mail at my P.O. box one evening and got the shock of my life. It might sound exaggerated, but I really was shocked. I had no idea this was going to happen. I contacted the editor of Soft Dolls Magazine and Animals and had asked her if she might be interested in featuring one of my dolls. I was elated when she replied and said yes. The only thing she needed were instructions and photos. And of course, one of my dolls needed to be sent to her so she could see it in person. I decided to send her my Doll of Hope, she's my favorite.

I thought that she would put my doll somewhere inside the magazine and that thought alone thrilled me. But when my husband Steve handed me the mail that day and said "here is a package for you", I was in for the surprise of my life. You see, this has been one of my dreams for a long time. I opened up the package with anticipation and couldn't believe my eyes. My Doll of Hope was on the cover of the magazine!! The instructions, pattern and even my photo are featured inside this issue.

OMG...I literally cried with joy. I couldn't believe it. She never told me that she was doing this. I work hard at my creations and put a lot of love in all of them, and knowing that someone thought I was good enough to be featured and thought to share my work is more than I can ever ask for.

I want to thank Kelly Philage, the Editor of Soft Dolls and Animals magazine, for helping make this possible. And of course I thank Scott Publications and all who helped make this possible. I am truly honored to be featured among so many talented artists in the March issue of Soft Dolls and Animals. My wish is to inspire and let you know that all things are possible with God. You only need to believe in yourself, have faith, and work hard for what you want. Hard work does pay off. If you love dolls as much as I do, please pick up a copy. Also please visit http://www.scottpublications.com/sdamag/


And now I would like to share two of my latest creations. They are both collage pillows, one of a kind and handcrafted. I will be listing them for sale on my site this week, so keep your eyes peeled. One is a Victorian style pillow and the other is perfect for Valentine's Day.

Most of all, thank you for taking the time to visit me. I hope you enjoyed your visit, stay tuned for more new pillows to come.

Have an awesome week!
xo

Janet~

No comments:

.