Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day~


Hello my lovely friends,

After a week of hard work I sure hope you are enjoying every minute of your weekend.

I had a fabulous Saturday at the Wellington Mall with my hubby, kids and parents. We wanted to celebrate Father's Day early. ;) We could have gone to a fancy restaurant, but my sweet dad wanted something simple and fun. The mall has plenty of fast food restaurants. Chinese, Japanese, etc. So we chose Chinese food. I love Chinese food. And is it me or does it fill you fast, but then you are hungry again about an hour later?? lol


And after some yummy food we walked around and visited several stores where we did a little shopping. It really was a fun day. 

So here we are again. It's Father's Day. The day we celebrate the special men in our lives. Let me start by showing you a photo of my dad...


My sweet father- I love you~
If my father only knew how much I treasure every minute that I am with him. And that goes for my mother too. I love them both dearly. My father will be 96 in October. I never take him for granted and thank God that he's still here with us. I can't imagine my life without him. Thank you for all that you have done for me all my life. You mean the world to me. xoxo
 *******************************************************************************
I also realize that today is a difficult day for all those who no longer have their dads. :(
I found this beautiful heartfelt letter and thought I would share it.  May it bring some comfort.

Losing a father is devastating, and the holiday to honor fathers only gives your family one more day to realize how much you miss him. I know that my words can't possibly bring comfort, but please know that I do care and feel sad in my heart for all of you that don't have your dads. If it helps even just a tiny bit I truly believe that your fathers are very happy in Heaven with God. And I also believe strongly that you will see them again someday.  He man may not be here in person, but he is with you in spirit and forever in your heart.

 A very dear friend of mine named Jude posted this beautiful message and thought I would share it as well.




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also want to wish the love of my life a very Happy Father's Day.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, friend and father of my children. He works so hard to take care of us, he's funny, cooks awesome food and truly shows his love for us. I thank God for him every day. I love you more each day. xo

Happy Father's Day Steve. I love you. xoxo




I want to wish all the fabulous men out there a very Happy Father's Day.  May all your dreams and wishes come true.

Until next time,

xoxo

Janet~


 


1 comment:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Janet, sounds like the perfect Father's Day to celebrate with your dad and honor him with a fun time.
Love the photo of you dear father. You are so blessed!! God has also blessed you with a dear husband.
Thank you for sharing the verses and your special message for those of us who's Father's spend this day in heaven.
Wishing you much love and continued blessings my friend.
Hugs and Friendship!!

.