Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's Show and Tell Time!



Once again it is hard to believe that Monday is here again! My goodness how the days fly by don't they? So nice of you to stop by to take a peek at my blog. For this weeks Show and Tell I will share two dress pillows I made last week.

The first one I call "The Victorian Bride". I did it all by hand. I formed the dress,made handmade rosesall over the bottom,sleeves and sides ,vintage lace and faux pearls. It was alot of work,but so worth it to me. I really love making these dresses. I plan to have a whole line of Victorian dress pillows.

The second dress is not complete yet,but I'll show it to you anyway. I bought this pretty hot pink satin fabric. And decided to make a dress out of some of it. I call this one "China Princess" I still need to add many details,but for now it has the shape and rose shaped sleever which I also did by hand.

I hope you like them. And if you wish to buy one just let me know! I'll be listing them soon. I first need to finish a few more Victorian dresses I am working on and then I can add them all. But the Victorian Bride is ready for sale. It is $19.99 and $5.00 for shipping.

Thanks so much for stoppin by! See you next week for more Show and Tell. And please don't forget to stop by my pink sister boutiques at Make Mine Pink. They also have the greatest things to share on their blogs.



















28 comments:

Eileen & Karen said...

Janet...you little night owl! You are so creative! I just love your form pillows! Beautiful work!
Eileen

Silena said...

Hi Janet,
Your dress pillows are beautiful...I especially love the victorian bride....such detail and excellent workmanship...you are so creative!! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is excellent work Janet! I've got to have the Victorian Bridal for my collection. Thanks so much for creating these!

Anonymous said...

Your new pillows are gorgeous and would make lovely bridal gifts.

You are very creative. I love watching for what your next creation will be.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Carolyn Kocman said...

hey, janet! you are so very creative. what beautiful pillows
you are making!

Anonymous said...

Amazing sewing finesse! I used to sew a lot, and I know those creations are no easy tasks!
Susan *dutchrose*

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Janet,

You are so talented! The victorian bride dess pillow is just gorgeous!

Pei Li

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Beautiful pillows Janet! Love the hot pink color! Have a great week!

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

Hi Janet,
I am proud to say 'I own one of those beautiful dress pillows'. I love the cream one, just stunning! Hope you have a Happy Monday!
Pink Hugs,
Stephanie

Brandie said...

Beautiful work, Janet! That polka dot teapot pillow in your other post is too cute:)

sita said...

Just lovely as usual, you are up to so many wonderful things! I was so excited to hear about your military pillows. I just know those will be a hit. I love these dress pillows for wedding gifts or even decorations at the table!

gail said...

WOW janet, you have outdone yourself. LOL Those dresses are just beautiful. I think your onto something with the victorian bride dress--- gorgeous. Love gail

Janet L Christian said...

Janet, I am a night owl. I hate to go to bed and I hate to get up in the morning too. Anyway -- I love the new pillows. They are wayyyyyyyy cute!

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Janet, Your pillows are so lovely. The bride would make an amazing gift! So talented!
hugs,
Carrie

Patricia said...

Wow! All by hand. I get more and more amazed by the talent around here all the time. That victorian dress is amazing, Janet.

Pat

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Wow, those are just beautiful !

Of course, I still think my flower pillow is the best...:)


(())

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Janet, these are so pretty. Beautiful work as always!

Hugs,
Michelle

Cottage Flair said...

Janet,
the pillows are so wonderful and I'm sure so time consuming. It's special that you do it all by hand.
jennifer

Inka Smith said...

Oh Janet,
Those dresses are so beautiful! Great job. How do you find the time to do so much??? The quality of your work really shows too.
Inka

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Janet your Victorian Bride is beautiful! You're full of surprises and it's always fun to see the next design. This has to be one of my favorites!

Deb said...

Hi Janet.....your dress pillows are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)

Pink hugs,
Debbie

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Janet, That Victorian Bride Dress pillow is gorgeous! Wow!

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Janet!
The Victorian Bride pillow is just amazing! You should up your price girl, you do not charge nearly enough…..can’t wait to see what you come up with next.
Helene
Sisters Gift Company

Cathy said...

Janet, I adore the bride. So pretty.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. So feminine and pretty. Right up my alley.

hugs to you,

Cathy

SoCal Helene said...

Janet, your Victorian Bride Pillow is just adorable!! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!
Carpe Diem!
Helene
Sisters Gift Company

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Janet...as always..you outdid yourself...those are gorgeous!
Cindy :) xoxo
Clay queen

Anonymous said...

OMG! My heart just leaped Wow Stunning!
xxoo Denise Nantasket Beach Mass.

Roxie Morrow said...

Oh my goodness, those pillows are simply gorgeous Janet. I love the colors of the first one. Very very nice.

.