Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, July 27, 2008





Welcome to my blog! It's Sunday night,but I am ready to post my Show and Tell Monday now...lol This way I am all ready for tomorrow early. Hope everyone had a good weekend. And hope you are ready for a new week. Isn't it amazing how time flies? Mondays sure do roll around too quickly and not to mention that summer is going by too fast as well!

Anyway for todays Show and Tell I would like to share little fairy pillows I have created. I am thinking of adding a new line of fairy pillows. You can hang them on a door or wall or anywhere to decorate your home. I just thought it would be a cute thing to do. My daughter is the one who encouraged me to make them. She loves fairies and even a show called W.I.T.C.H that they used to give on tv a couple of years ago. They are kind of like fairies.



I used pretty color fabrics such as tulle, satin ribbons,flowers and created wings too. That was easy. I used pipe cleaners and formed them into wings and added a sheer fabric. I put the wings on one of the pillows and will be adding the wings to the other pillows this week and finally be adding them to my site. I plan on making more. Should be fun!



Here are the pictures. Hope you like them! And thanks for stopping by. See you next week!












18 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Love those fairy pillows ! I know you will make them extra special with your creative use of fabric and embellishments too.

(())

Carolyn Kocman said...

janet, such nice detail and so very feminine. i bet every little girl would want one of those...and a few big ones too!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet...a little fairy dust and we are in good shape!
Susan *dutchrose*

Dianne Long said...

Janet those are adorable! I love the colors you've combined - very pretty! I'm thinking those would be great for holiday gifts, or to fancy up a package for a little girl (or a big girl!) You are so talented!

gail said...

OK Janet!!! These are just adorable. I love, love, love them. YOu have to make more. I have a great feeling about these.

How are you doing, I hope everyone at home is well. I am doing really well and keeping busy. Talk with you soon...luv, gail

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty~ I really like the second one~ too bad my girlies are way to big for fairy pillows.

Eileen & Karen said...

Oh too cute Janet! You have the best ideas....when do you sleep girl! Love em!
Hugs
Eileen
Forget Me Not Dreams

Patricia said...

They are really cute, Janet. May have to get two for Christmas presents for my Kayley and Bridgie.

Pat

Anonymous said...

I just fairies and those little pillows are adorable.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Inka Smith said...

Janet,
I love the fairy pillows. Your daughter had a great idea. I know those will sell.
Inka

Cottage Flair said...

The pillows are just beautiful, perfect for a little girls room or hanging on the door. Love the color combinations.
Jennifer

Just a bed of roses said...

Sweeeet Janet...now our doors can wear a pillow!

Susie said...

Hi Janet! Love the fairy pillows! There is nothing better than a well dressed fairy in such finery.
Great job. Great show and tell.
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Silena said...

Hi Janet,
Your fairy pillows are adorable! I especially love the one with the pink tulle skirt....just precious! Hope you get your puter back soon. It could not be much fun struggling with a slow one!

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Hi Janet,
Sorry about your PC problems, icky machines......Love your pillows, and so whimsical. I love whimsy...
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Pink Princess said...

Passing by to tell ya you've been tagged! hope you don't mind, hehe.

hugs from the Netherlands.
Dutch/Marian

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
Wishing you lots of sales this week.
Hugs,
michelle

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Janet, those are so pretty! What great details. Oh, when I redo my daughters room I am thinking I will need some of those. Your work is beautiful as always.
hugs,
Carrie

.