Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, May 04, 2009

May Day Jar

Okay I have to admit that I had never heard of a May Day Basket. So Make Mine Pink was the reason I found out what this was all about.

Instead of a basket they decided to make it a May Day Jar.
May Day (May 1st) is celebrated in many places around the world. The traditions and stories surrounding May Day vary from place to place. There is, however, one thing that is similar in most celebrations - the use of Flowers!
One of the most popularly known May Day traditions is to hang a basket full of spring flowers and/or other small gifts on a neighbor's doorknob. The trick is you don't want the neighbor to see you! If you get caught, you are supposed to get a kiss.

So I thought I would share with you the May Day Jar I created for a contest being held at Make Mine Pink. Many of my pink sisters have created beautiful jars for this event.

Here is my jar all decorated. I hope you like it! If I get enough votes I would win this wonderful book by Martha Stewart called Encyclopedia of Crafts. Good Luck to me! lol




Pink Hugs,


Janet~

2 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I think your jar is suhweeeeeet just like you .

(())

Cathy said...

Hi Janet,

I loved your jar so I voted for YOU!

xo Cathy

.