Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's Show Time!~








Happy Monday Everyone! I can't believe that my kids start school tomorrow. I will miss them during the day,but this also gives me a chance to create more. I haven't had much time to participate in my favorite Show and Tell Mondays at Make Mine Pink. So I am happy that today I can. I have been working very hard all summer. And have been creating new pillows. So I decided to try something that is time consuming,but fun to do. I created two pillows where I embroidered roses and leaves with pretty ribbons. This is my first time making this style. I have a passion for roses and always wanted to make pillows that remind me of the Victorian era. The more detail the better.

I have two pillows to show you. One is black and one is a peach color. Both have different colored roses to match the fabric. I also added lace trim to each pillow to give it flair. Hope you like them. I will be adding them to my boutique this week.


Another one of my favorite things are corsets. I admit that I don't own one,but find them to be very romantic and pretty. So I made my first corset shaped pillow. I will be adding a handle so it can be hung for display for home decor. Hope you like this one too.




Thanks so much for stopping by and please stop by my pink sisters blogs to see what they have been up to for Show and Tell. They always have such pretty things to show and don't forget that pretty soon the holidays will be here so it's the perfect place to shop without standing on a long line. :-)




Enjoy your day!

Hugs,

Janet~









13 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

I love this type of ribbon stitching and your pillows are beautiful. The corset one is sure to be a hit, so pretty.

lisa said...

Janet

You have certainly been busy! I love, love the corset pillow... ooo la la.

Have fun today sending the kiddos back to school. Ours start next week, on Tuesday.

Lisa

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Janet,

The new pillows are incredible. Your rose embroidery on the pillows are beautiful!

Have a great week!

Pei Li

Tedi said...

Wow Janet, you were fabulous before and you keep getting better & better! Hugs, Tedi www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

gail said...

Hi Janet. I love your new creations. I can see how hard you have been working:). I love the ribbonwork, its so pretty. I love the corset. That will be very popular! Great Job! Have a great week and happy creating.
luv, gail

Patty said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the corset, I think I need to go shopping. As usual such amazing work by Janet

Marie said...

Hi Janet,
I have missed you! The pillows are beautiful. I have to say my favorite is the black one. I have seen ribbon embroidery, but never tried it. It looked too difficult. You have done a great job.
Marie

Susie said...

Hi Janet! I can't believe your children begin school already! Your new creations are just wonderful, expecially the corset.

Susie of The Polka Dot Rose

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Gorgeous Janet! Simply gorgeous!!!
bunny hugs,
shell

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Janet,
Wow! Those are show stopper pillows! I love the corset one. Oh my it is over the top pretty and so unique!! Have a wonderful week.
hugs,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Janet, these are so pretty, I have been wanting to learn this type of embroidery, I actually have books teaching me the basics. You did a great job!

http://thehopechestblog.blogspot.com/

Patricia said...

Your new pillows are gorgeous, I love silk ribbon embroidery. The corset is amazing, I think that's going to be a big, big seller!
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the drama of the black pillow...and black is very in now...and it goes with everything from romantic to modern...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Oh, by the way, by BFF who is Stage 4 has stabilized...she is on some new oral chemo drug...

Take care!
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

.