Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Monday, January 31, 2011

I won a Blue Ribbon at the South Florida Fair!
























It's Monday,but I am happy after being sick all of last week. My kids,hubby and I including my elderly parents all came down with a bug. I guess it's that time of the year. I haven't been sick all year so it got us. But anyway we are all feeling back to normal again and am ready for more creating.

For todays Show and Tell Monday I have a few things to share. Over the weekend we went to the South Florida Fair Expo. I look forward to going there every year. So much to do and so much to see. Oh and lots of good food too..lol

I entered the Craft and Skills Competition at the last minute. I figured that it would be fun to be apart of so many creative people. When I got there on Saturday I was very surprised. I found a First Prize Blue Ribbon on my Queen Victoria Dress Pillow. What an honor. I am so grateful and want to thank Lorie Stinson who is in charge of the exhibit. Here are a few pics....














The fair was so much fun. We even got to see bunnies. And even posed as astronauts ..lol


One of the most amazing things I did not expect to see there was a piece of one of the Twin Towers on display. When I saw it my eyes filled up with tears.

I still can't believe those towers are gone and what happened that day will remain in my memory forever.


And finally I wanted to share a gift I received from a very dear friend named Francie of The Scented Cottage. http://www.thescentedcottage.com/ She sent me the cutest cookie cutter ever. The Eiffel Tower! I loooove it! I can't wait to make some yummy cookies real soon. Thank you Francie! And please check out her shop. She really does have the cutest things you will ever see.



Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by....


xoxo

Janet~





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet

Congratulations on your blue ribbon, that is so awesome. I'm not surprised though your creations are gorgeous.

Looks like you all had a great time at the fair!

Love the cookie cutter too.

Have a fantastic week, talk to you later.

Carolee Crafts said...

The dress is beautiful and a well deserved first prize, plus worth the wait to have a peek. Love your Eiffel towers gifts, have a good week Pinkie xox

Georgia said...

Janet!
Congratulations! Your sweet pillow was indeed worthy of a blue ribbon!!
Looks like you all had a fun day!

Hugs!
Georgia
grandmagscottage.net

gail said...

Congratulations Janet!!! The dress is so pretty:) It looks like alot of fun too.
I love your gift from Francie too:)
I am glad to hear everyone is on the mend and feeling better.
(()) gail

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Janet, WOW... Congrats on winning a blue ribbon, and I can certainly see why, it's gorgeous! Glad you had a good time!!!
Blessings~~~ Daphne

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

How could they not give you a blue ribbon? You are a blue ribbon gal all the way around (())

.