Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Few Things To Share~


Welcome to my blog! I sure hope everyone is enjoying the day. It's gorgeous here in West Palm Beach,Florida. I wanted to show you a few things I am going to be working on this week. I just can't keep myself from creating. I have my first cloth doll with wiring inside. It was tricky,but not difficult to do. I plan to dress this doll and handpaint the face so I can share it with all of you.





I also found the cutest half porcelain doll at a thrift store last week and knew instantly that I had to add some legs and then dress her up. I will be share her once she is done.





Spring is almost here so I decided to make my own Easter wreath for my front door. Here is the before pic. I will be working on it this week as well so I can post the after pic and show you.





And I also wanted to share one more thing. I will be interviewed on Blog Talk Radio by a very sweet lady named Lauri Medley who is a full-time professor at Sacramento City College (SCC) in Sacramento, California for over 11 years. Prior to coming to SCC, she taught as an adjunct professor at Cosumnes River College in Sacramento for 2 ½ years. She holds a Master of Science degree in Computer Information Systems, a Bachelor's degree in Vocational Education, an Associate of Science degree in Management Information Systems, and certificates in Online Teaching and College Counseling. She has also been a presenter at several workshops and local high school career day events. Lauri has also published a wonderful book called Virtual Entrepreneurship: Creating and Operating a Home-based Online Business. If you are interested in this fabulous book click on this link...http://www.professorsmedley.com/

She will be interviewing me this Thursday 12noon -12:30pm. I will be posting the phone number in case anyone would like to ask questions or listen to this interview. I hope you will. I look forward to having you join us.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Janet~

3 comments:

Pink Princess said...

THAT is quite an honor for you girlfriend, way to go!

LOVE that doll's head it is so pretty ♥

Hugs from Marian and Pinky

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You are always creating beautiful things !
Have fun on the radio (())

Abi said...

Ooh, I look forward to seeing the dolls progress. Congratulations on the upcoming feature - very exciting! Good luck!

.