Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Make Mine Pink Friday-Ruffles and Roses~


Please join us for shopping with a twist EVERY Friday in February 2011 as we present "Ruffles and Roses"


I’ve never seen a ruffle or a rose that I didn’t love. From the time I was a little girl, the more ruffles, the better. Handmade dresses with rows of smocking and ruffles, filled my closet. Ruffled slips, and socks trimmed in lace, were a part of my everyday wardrobe.Because of the chic style of decor when I was a child, I had an appreciation of the feminine grace and allure of a rose. From handmade slipcovers with huge pink cabbage roses, pillows trimmed with yards and yards of ruffles, to the softest, plushest carpet that was covered in sculpted roses, our home was a girls delight.


As I look back on my childhood home, and the home I’ve made for my family, I see so many similarities. Vintage fabrics, once a part of everyday decor, are now beautiful, much loved cushions and pillows. An ottoman, threadbare with age, is given new life with layers and layers of flouncy ruffles.Roses, regally fill every vase, and are tucked in amongst the family photos on tables and shelves, as if they’ve always been there.Paintings and prints of roses in the palest shades of pink, and white, inspired by artists from another time, and propped upon the mantle, revealing their beauty for all to share.Ruffles and roses, a rite of passage, from christening gowns to wedding dresses, cottage decor to the finest Paris apartments. Our right to enjoy a gentle life-style and decor.Please visit the boutiques at Make Mine Pink to help you fill your home with the gentle grace of ruffles and roses.

Joyce Lucas,Founder
Make Mine Pink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Do you mind if I ask what your source is for this information?

Katie said...

Good Morning Janet...
I too love ruffles and roses!!! I always love stopping by your blog and seeing what you are up to. Have a great day!!! XoXo

.