Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!


This is one of my favorite holidays.  I love all holidays, but this one is special to me for a reason. It's the day that my husband Steve proposed to me 22 yrs ago.


We were watching the Macy's fireworks in New York on the rooftop of where I lived. We sat on a blanket and had a glass of wine. I had no idea that he would ask me to marry him that night. It was emotional to say the least. I said yes, and we have lived happily ever after. I can't even believe that 22 years have gone by! But I never forget that romantic evening. He is my best friend and the wonderful father of my children. :) I love you Steve. xxoo


Anyway I thought I would share a yummy and quick recipe for the 4th of July or Memorial Day by Kraft. Sorry the photo isn't as clear as I would like it to be, but you get the idea of what it will look like.
I am going to make it for my family. These patriotic parfaits layer red gelatin cubes, whipped topping and blueberries in dessert dishes are delish!
 
What you need:

1
cup  boiling water
1
pkg.  (0.6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin, or any other red flavor
1
cup  cold water
1
tub  (8 oz.) COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1-1/2
cups  blueberries
 
Make It:
 
ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Pour into 13x9-inch pan.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm.
CUT gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes. Reserve 1 cup COOL WHIP for garnish. Layer blueberries, remaining COOL WHIP and gelatin in 8 dessert glasses. Top with reserved COOL WHIP. 

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Special Extra
Garnish with additional berries.
Substitute
Prepare using COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping
 
 Can't wait to eat it! ;)
 
Have a very safe and Happy 4th of July!
 
 
 
xoxo
Janet~

No comments:

.