Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Passionate about Art~


Hello there my sweet friends,

I hope that everyone is enjoying summer while it lasts. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. But to tell you the truth, I am ready for fall. I think I've had enough of hot weather and especially bugs. Here in Florida it's hard to not see those pesky insects, but we do get a break during the fall and winter.

Love this kitten school photo. :-D
My kids' summer vacation is over. :-( School starts tomorrow. I think most parents will agree that the waking up part is the hardest. I am not a morning person at all..lol I seem to have more energy in the afternoon and evening. But that's life. My kids are ready and so am I. :-)

I have recently been in the mood to draw and paint again. I haven't done that in a while, but I was inspired when I saw this amazing artist on Facebook called Monica Lee. https://www.facebook.com/monicaleeart
Her work is incredible. She is extremely talented and I admire her. If you get a chance, take a peek and I'm sure you will agree that her work is amazing.

My artwork is nothing like hers, but I love to sketch faces from photos and I also love to create illustrations as well. A few months ago, a very dear friend of mine named Jude Lassow, owner of Muffin's Pet Connection hired me to be her illustrator for her fabulous children's book called Tinky's Magic Glasses.


And I am honored and humbled that I will be her illustrator once again for her next book called "Tinky Meets Jesus".
I would also like to let you know that I will now be offering illustrations for sale. Hope you like them. ;)






And here is a direct link to my shop, where you will find descriptions and prices for each illustration. In the near future I will be offering stationery as well.

http://host12.shoppepro.com/~janetscr/category_46/Illustrations.htm

Wishing you sunshine and roses and a beautiful week ahead.
xoxo
Janet~

2 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Janet, Love this post and the sharing of the art work by Monica Lee. She is very talented and amazing!!

Congrats on your commission to do illustrations for your friends new book. I am so excited for you and your work is wonderful. You are one talented lady and I just love seeing your fabulous artwork!!

I hope your kids got off to a great start on their back to school this week.
The season just flew by this year and I think we are in for an early fall.

So nice to catch up with you as I have been a a vacation for 10 days to celebrate our anniversary. So nice to be back and creating again.

Wishing you lots of fun with your drawings and illustrations. Thank you for sharing.

Many blessings my friend.
XO

Anonymous said...

SOOOO happy to be headed for our best weather season, my friend. Oct thru May is heaven in our playground.

Okay, how on earth have I not known that you illustrate? This is my weakness. Oh my goodness, Janet, these are gorgeous. Like them???...I LOVE them! Congratulations on being the illustrator for your friend's book. Off to browse your stationery.

PS-Love that Life of Pi Prismacolor cover.
PSS-Sent you an email just now.
xoxo

.