About Me

My photo

I am the owner of Janet's Creative Cottage. I am passionate about creating and also have a love of art. My dream is to one day see all of my artwork or creations in stores throughout the United States and Europe. I want to make a difference and help others who are in need.  So if you are looking for unique handmade products then this is the place for you.

Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Passionate about Art~


Hello there my sweet friends,

I hope that everyone is enjoying summer while it lasts. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. But to tell you the truth, I am ready for fall. I think I've had enough of hot weather and especially bugs. Here in Florida it's hard to not see those pesky insects, but we do get a break during the fall and winter.

Love this kitten school photo. :-D
My kids' summer vacation is over. :-( School starts tomorrow. I think most parents will agree that the waking up part is the hardest. I am not a morning person at all..lol I seem to have more energy in the afternoon and evening. But that's life. My kids are ready and so am I. :-)

I have recently been in the mood to draw and paint again. I haven't done that in a while, but I was inspired when I saw this amazing artist on Facebook called Monica Lee. https://www.facebook.com/monicaleeart
Her work is incredible. She is extremely talented and I admire her. If you get a chance, take a peek and I'm sure you will agree that her work is amazing.

My artwork is nothing like hers, but I love to sketch faces from photos and I also love to create illustrations as well. A few months ago, a very dear friend of mine named Jude Lassow, owner of Muffin's Pet Connection hired me to be her illustrator for her fabulous children's book called Tinky's Magic Glasses.


And I am honored and humbled that I will be her illustrator once again for her next book called "Tinky Meets Jesus".
I would also like to let you know that I will now be offering illustrations for sale. Hope you like them. ;)






And here is a direct link to my shop, where you will find descriptions and prices for each illustration. In the near future I will be offering stationery as well.

http://host12.shoppepro.com/~janetscr/category_46/Illustrations.htm

Wishing you sunshine and roses and a beautiful week ahead.
xoxo
Janet~
Post a Comment