Visit my Cottage~

Stay a While :)

Stay a While :)

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

All Things Are Possible in the New Year~

Image result for goodbye 2016 welcome 2017 quotes

Happy Tuesday Sweet Friends,

Happy 2017! I hope everyone had an amazing New Year's Day. Some of us love to party while some of us like to watch the tube. I love both, but would rather watch the ball drop on the TV. It's safe, quiet and you don't have to worry about drunk drivers.
Image result for guy lombardo
GUY LOMBARDO
I must be aging since I prefer the days of Guy Lombardo. Do you remember him? He was Canadian-American bandleader and violinist of Italian descent. My kids think that he was from the dinosaur age..lol  I was a kid when we watched Guy Lombardo and The Royal Canadians New Year's Eve on TV. I remember those New Year celebrations like it was yesterday. My whole family and relatives used to dress up, dance, drink champagne and eat yummy food. It was so very elegant.

I don't mean to be a critic, but I don't care for the sloppy way singers and celebrities dress on TV today.

Image result for singers sloppy way to dress on new years day

I know it's a different time, but I can't seem to get used to today's attire. And don't get me started on the pants below the butt syndrome...lol
Image result for ginger rogers and fred astaire new years day
NOW THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL CLASSY-GINGER ROGERS AND FRED ASTAIRE~
It just seems in poor taste to wear garments that are not appropriate on a day of celebration.
I miss those days when women wore elegant dresses and men wore tuxedo's. I know it's the past and you can't go back, but at least I can keep those memories in my heart and in my mind and treasure them forever.

So now we begin a new year with new possibilities. I am so determined to make this year a big success and keep my resolutions. I believe it's all in the mind. The mind is powerful.... Say it, believe it and make it happen. And above all with faith in God.
Image result for believe in yourself quotes

Well...it's Tuesday and I am in a great mood. Nothing to complain about. Every day is a new day and it's a gift from God. The sun is shinning and I feel blessed.
Image result for vintage sewing photos
As you have heard me say a thousand times.... I love creating! lol so I am sharing a couple of new items with you today. They are listed in my shop and hope you like them....




http://janetscreativecottage.com/category/new.htm

I am creating as fast as I can to make new things especially since the next holiday is Valentine's Day. Stay tuned....
Image result for working hard animated gif
Wow..time flies! So no time to waste!.
Image result for pink roses animated
Have a beautiful day!
Wishing you sunshine and roses,
xxoo
Janet~

No comments:

.